Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Montage-Creative Daily Documentary

So shortly after announcing my CD release party, I got an email from a man named Dallas, asking me if I wouldn't help him with a project he is working on called Daily Documentaries. Dallas is a photographer who embarked on the monumental task of making a documentary about someone he thought was interesting every day of the year 2008. That's 365 cool folks, people. I was honored and flattered to be considered one of them, so last Saturday we met at his house and made the "documentary." What it consisted of was about 30 minutes of a recorded interview (pod-cast is download-able from his blog) and then another half-an-hour of me getting embarrassed while he took pictures of me in front of his grey wall in his bedroom. I was never so awkward at having my picture taken in all my life. Well, you can be the judge, I guess. To view the pics and download the pod-cast interview, go to montage-creative.blogspot.com. You'll get a kick out of the fact that I completely forgot the words to my own song while singing it for the interview. I just couldn't handle the pressure! Just to be warned, the mic was too close to my mouth during the songs and it sounds, well, very bad. At least it was only a voice-recording, and not a video recording. My face had turned the color of those Valentine hearts that I bought the other day. Not a pretty sight.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I still need to listen to this but my net nanny at work won't let me and I forget when I get home, but someday I'll get there.

MJ said...

Hey Lor,
I went and checked this blog out. Your pictures are cute - even if you never do really smile :-) I tried to listen to the interview but it was taking 30 min to download - so another time for that. It's very cool that he chose you to be one of his people.